Wednesday, August 13, 2008

R.F.F.

I spent last weekend in Regina for the Folk Festival. The Rollo sisters were kind enough to let me stay with them for the weekend, and I had a really excellent time. Bellowhead and Broken Social Scene were really good on Friday night, and Michael Franti and Spearhead closed the show on Sunday with an amazing set. Mr. Franti came down into the audience after the show, and I had a chance to shake his hand and thank him for one of the finest performances I've ever seen live.

We attended the after-party on Friday and Saturday nights, which was sweet, even though it was a huge pain in the ass to get drinks. I mean seriously, if you want to make money selling booze, maybe you should figure out how to SELL PEOPLE BOOZE. Just a thought.

All in all, it was a pretty awesome weekend. Sometimes I feel like I don't spend enough time doing the things that really make me happy, and it meant a lot to me just to have the chance to enjoy some music and spend some time with a few of the people who matter the most to me. It seems awfully strange, somehow, that I would need to be reminded about how much I enjoy those sorts of things. It's been like 10 years since I've been up to Ness Creek, and it's probably been 15 years since I've been to the Winnipeg festival. Oh well. I'm thinking of heading down to the Field festival in Craik on the 13-14 of September. Maybe I'll see you there.

T.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home