Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We Should Read Comics in School

When I was in high school, I got into an argument with my history teacher. Four years later, I had basically the same argument with my Native Studies teacher at the U of S. Both my teacher and my professor were of the opinion that Louis Riel was a hero to the Metis people, while my opinion was that he was a religious whacko with a messianic complex who so totally fucked up the rebellion that it had no chance of succeeding. I also suggested that had Gabriel Dumont been in charge, the outcome would have been drastically different. This opinion was not well recieved, and I did not do well in my Native Studies class. Fast-forward to this morning, when I discovered this comic on Kate Beaton's wonderful website, which you can find here.

Take that, Native Studies professor! Always remember, kids, just because something you say is unpopular, that doesn't make it wrong.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Blogger Amy said...

FWIW, I completely agree with you.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger FourLeafClover said...

Lol! Love the comic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home