Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Guitar Breakthrough

I was trying to teach myself how to play "Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding just now, and my brain amazed me by figuring something out without me telling it to! Toally on accident! I won't bore you with the particulars, because I don't think that anybody that reads this blog plays the guitar, but I basically figured out a different way to play the necessary chords. Not only was this different way a whole lot easier, it also sounded WAY better! That's AWESOME! I'm especially excited about this not because I can play a new song, but that this new bit of nollij can be applied to other songs I know, or songs that I will know in the future. I didn't just get better at "Dock of the Bay", I just became a better guitar player. I still suck, sure, but it's been a while since I felt like I was improving at anything.

More later. I gotta go practice.

T.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Blogger Bat-Hubs said...

Go T!! It's always a sweet feeling gettin' good at something you have been trying so hard to get good at!

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger FourLeafClover said...

Keen. :)

 
At 11:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home