Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Most Excellent Day

I came to the lake on Tuesday with Jordan, and it feels so good to be up here. There has been quite a bit of snow, and everything's gorgeous, and it was only about -4 today, which is about as good as it gets around here in December. We decided to go ice fishing, and after an unsuccessful hunt for an auger, we just went down to Murray Point and kicked in some holes that someone else had drilled earlier. We didn't catch anything, but we did have whiskey and hot lemonade, and if you ask me to choose between a Jackfish and a whiskey, the hell I'm not gonna choose the damn fish, and don't lie to me, neither would you.

After fishing, we came back to my place and lit a huge fire in the front yard. That old fireplace was kicking out so much heat that we didn't even need our jackets. We cooked bush pies, and then when Mom got home, Jordan threw together some bacon-wrapped scallops and I fried some tuna steaks. Tomorrow, we're going to find, cut down, and drag home a Christmas tree. Hopefully that will fulfill my obligation as far as the "tree" part of Christmas is concerned; I love Christmas, but I don't love decorating the tree, so I'm hoping that if I go get a tree and haul it up to the second floor of our house, I won't have to hang any tinsel.

I don't think it's possible to be much happier than I am right now.

lash out with your gash out,

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home