Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pizza Club

I hosted a Pizza Club meeting tonight. It's always good to see the old roomies. It's been nice, getting a chance to catch up with all the old gang over the past week or so. I don't even remember the last time that all the dudes from Randy's old Saturday-night game were all in the same place. You don't realize how much you miss people until you see them again. Kind of an unfortunate reality, isn't it?

The sad fact is that most of the people that I used to hang out with regularly have gone on to bigger and better things, or at least the same sorts of things in bigger and better places. It's got me thinking about how long I'll be content to stay in Saskatoon. I don't mean to complain, because I've got good friends here, but I've got good friends in lots of places. I've no serious attachments to this place, no job or significant other to keep me here...

The problem, of course, is that there's nowhere I really want to go, and nothing I really want to do when I get there. I've always stood firmly behind a "do whatever makes you happy" philosophy; it may be selfish and irresponsible, but that doesn't bother me, and it's never steered me wrong before. It's just that I can't seem to find anything to fit that particular bill right now. It's not like I don't have any options, it's just that none of them seem all that appealing.

Maybe the foot of snow we got today has me wishing for greener pastures. Or maybe I'm not doing a good enough job of making use of the mountains of spare time I have lying around right now. I dunno.

I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be a long winter.

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home