Saturday, October 14, 2006

Moving

I've got a new place to live, and by tomorrow evening I'll be watching hockey and drinking beer in my new place. I'm moving in with my friend Devin and his cousin Daxton. I've actually known Dax since small times, back when we were in Grade 1 or 2 together. It should be a good time. The house is nice, there's plenty of space, and I'm sure that the three of us will be able to live together without killing each other.

I'm always a little shocked at how quickly I can be packed up and ready to go. It only took me about 20 minutes to get all my stuff ready; I guess that's what happens when you don't really own anything. All I needed to move is clothes, my CDs, and my computer. I'd actually be in my new digs tonight, except that I can't move my bed, which is being stored in Saskatoon, until tomorrow.

I'll miss it at the lake. I've been at Emma for nearly six months now, and I've really gotten accustomed to the slower pace of life up here. Everyone in the city is in such a hurry all the time, and there's always so much going on, always so many hassles, and the air smells like shit...on the other hand, my new place has a 7-11, a grocery store, a Shoppers, 2 pizza places, a Tim Horton's, and a bar, all within about a block and a half. I guess I'll just have to pretend that those conveniences are better than having a LAKE right out my front door. Maybe I'll go down and have one last beer in my boat, just to tide me over until spring.

T.

3 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, did you watch that rider game??? fuckin eh. I have never seen saskatchewan beat montreal! - ever! give me shout

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a goal by Sundin. 500th goal, overtime winner, shorthanded, hatrick.

I wish I could do that.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

(T is posting this) - I am happy to hear that you are moving back. We will have to get together for some hockey night in canada and beer.
See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home