Monday, October 02, 2006

S0J 0N0

My postal code here at the lake is S0J 0N0. This may sound strange to you, but every time I type out my postal code, I try to remember whether or not I'm supposed to use "oh"s or "zero"s; Is my postal code S (zero) J (oh) N (oh)?
Or is it S (oh) J (zero) N (zero)?

Of course, this is stupid. I shouldn't worry about this. Of course, when I write it out, it would look exactly the same either way. But, if I type them, they do look different, see ? O 0

If I use the wrong one, is someone, somewhere, going to notice? Will they make fun of me? These are the sorts of things that I'm supposed to KNOW, dammit.

Wait a minute. It's all zeroes, isn't it? Because that's the way our postal codes work, right? 3 letters and 3 numbers? And since S,J, and N are all letters, all the Os must actually be 0s.

MAN, this post was a train wreck.
Sorry about this, everybody. Sorry for wasting your time.


T.

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it took me 3 minutes but my brain finally figured out that my old postal code in PA is S6V 1L1

i always thought S0J 0N0 was a cool postal code though. with all the ohs it's almost like a word. Sojono. Sojono.

but you can't really say mine. Best you get is.. like.. Essiksvi Wunelwun. ...Obi-wan Kenobi's evil twin, or somethin

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger rilla said...

Hey T-ass, you ready to move back to Saskatoon or what. I miss these talks.

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger neuba said...

Mine was Sokomo...Biggar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home