Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm going to win some money.

So, Devin, Garson, and I entered the Kenaston Hockey Draft, and it turns out that we're total geniuses, because WE HAVE THE ONLY ENTRY TO WITH ALL 32 PLAYERS THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND! You need to understand something, here: the Kenaston playoff pool gets roughly 6000 entries every season, and our entry was the only one that got through the opening round without losing a single guy. That's basically unheard of, and it means that we're pretty much a sure thing to finish in the money. The first round was a disaster for pretty much everybody but us, because the top 4 teams in the West were all eliminated. And it turns out that Dev and Garson and I were the only people who picked nuthin' but underdogs! Yay us! This is just further proof of what I've been saying all along: I'm a total genius. I can't take all the credit, though. I thought it was a stupid move taking Edmonton to beat Detroit, but I was absolutely thrilled to be wrong about that one, since my being wrong gives me a shot at 1/3 of the $20 000 grand prize. If we win the big one, I'm renting a pontoon boat and a keg, and y'all are invited to help me drink 'er and sink 'er, not necessarily in that order.

I don't want to sound like it's money in the bank; things could still go south if Anaheim or Buffalo manage to get into the finals. But I don't think much of Buffalo's chances against Ottawa, and I think Colorado should get by the Ducks fairly easily. So cross your fingers, cheer for the Senators and the Avalanche, and maybe, just maybe, you can come to my victory party.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Ain't nobody dope as me,

T.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Freakin' awesome!

And here I told Rill that the Flames would win their series. Silly me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home