Sunday, April 23, 2006

Breakfast Cereal Idea

I had an idea for a new kind of breakfast cereal. At least I think it's new, since I've never seen a cereal like this before. Anyway, my idea is for a cereal that tastes like bran muffins, since bran muffins are pretty much the only remaining breakfast-type food that hasn't already been given it's own breakfast-cereal incarnation.

My problem is that I really don't know how to go about making my ceral idea into a reality. Do I just write a letter to Kellog's and say, "make cereal that tastes like bran muffins"? Somehow, I don't think that would work. And even if it DID work, how would I make them pay me for my great idea? And then there's the problem of the texture of the cereal. With cereal, your only real options are "soggy", and "crunchy", and neither one is going to translate well to something that tastes vaguely like a bran muffin. As if that's not enough, there's the whole raisin issue. Do you add little tiny chunks of raisin to the muffin-bits, or to you just throw in whole raisins that will be the same size as the muffin-chunks themselves?

You know what? Screw it. Who the hell is going to buy a breakfast cereal that tastes like bran muffins anyways? Clearly, this temporary period of unemployment has given me altogether too much free time. Sorry about this, guys. I'm sorry I wasted your time. I promise not to write anything else unless it is at least slightly less stupid than this.

T.

10 Comments:

At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...why not just eat some bran cereal (real bran cereal, not the crap that Kellog's puts out) with some sugar and vanilla? And walnuts.

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Walnus? That's crazy-talk!

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Um. I meant walnuts. Which, while slightly less so than walnus, is still crazy talk.

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Suz said...

It's amazing how much credibility you can lose with one mispelled word.

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walnus sounds like the proper anatomical term for a stretched anus.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Which backs up my claim that walnus is crazy-talk.

Pbbbth, Suz. (grin)

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would *never* put a stretched anus in my muffins.

Boy.

THAT sounds dirty.

Games Con - D&D Tournament - Regina - May Long Weekend...

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I think I would never put a muffin in my...

OK, that's enough of that.

If you don't go to the Regina games con, come to Calgary!

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger T. said...

STOP SULLYING MY BLOG WITH YOUR FILTHINESS! This was supposed to be about breakfast cereal, goddammit! And now we've got people talking about sticking muffins up their stretched-out assholes. CHRIST on a TRIKE! Have you no shame?

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Now I have the giggles when I'm supposed to be working.

I miss y'all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home