Friday, May 26, 2006

Fire. Fire! FIRE!

Today, at work, we had a fire. An electrical fire. In the garage. One of the deep-freezes decided that it had had enough, and the wires coming out the back of it started to burn. You know that weird smell that you get from an electrical fire? We noticed that smell, so Bobby, Danny, and I had poked around in the garage looking for the source of the stink a couple of minutes before the flames started. Danny actually told us he thought it was coming from behind the freezer, which is good, because we pulled it away from the wall, which meant that all of the exposed insulation behind the freezer didn't catch on fire as well. We put it out with minimal fuss, and then we used Brett's ATV to pull the freezer out of the garage.

I should have called Brett or Joe to see what our insurance is worth before we put the fire out. That could have been our chance to turn a tidy profit out of that dump. Seriously though, if that had happened in the middle of the night instead of at two in the afternoon, that whole place would have burned to the ground. I wasn't even supposed to BE at work today, for fuck sakes. This was supposed to be my first day off in nearly two weeks, and I still wound up being there for almost 6 hours. This job is beginning to seriously affect my ability to enjoy myself, and that is simply not acceptable. After this weekend, I'm going to stay as far away from that place as possible for a day or two. I gotta unwind.

T.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hope it gets better, man! It sucks when work sucks you away from relax time. :-p

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Welcome to being responsible for a business. My mom started her business in our basement 25 years ago. She hasn't had much time off since.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home