Wednesday, February 14, 2007

300

I just saw a trailer for a movie called "300", and HOLY DINK does it look cool. I'll have to check it out, maybe after I go and see "Pan's Labrynth". In other movie news, the video store (videostore? No, video store) near my house has VHS movies on sale for $2.50, so I bought "The Big Lebowski" and "Barbershop". Cheap movies RULE!

It's raining here today, which sucks because I've got the day off and I wanted to spend some time outside without being wet and cold. Oh well, I'm gonna take one of the extra televisions that we have lying around our house and put it in my room, make some nachoes and guacamole, and spend a rainy day lying in bed watching movies. And maybe I'll have a whiskey. Yep. That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Wrung out with your tongue out,

T.

3 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger neuba said...

So when are you gonna tell us what you are doing out there? It sounds like you are working.

People want to know.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Pan's Labyrinth is an excellent but kind of hard-hitting movie. I don't know what your expectations are, but a girl (and I do mean girl, she's 16) in my dance class was expecting a show like Labyrinth or Harry Potter and almost left the theater in tears.

Just so you know.

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm also excited about 300. It's a pretty cool episode in history, although as usual, I'm expecting that my knowledge of the actual event will hideously taint my enjoyment of the movie.

I think that Larry Gonick's observation of the "Last Stand of the 300" at Thermopylae is pretty cool: "Historians since Herodotos hav ignored the 900 servants who fell with their spartan masters." Gonick's a genius, by the way. Anyhoo, I am very curious to see how Xerxes and his persian army are done up, as well as the Spartans.

On the other hand, when my expectations are low, I usually like movies better... it's my key to actually enjoying movies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home