Monday, March 16, 2009

Big Weekend

Boy oh boy, has a lot of stuff happened to me since I last bored you with my long pointless stories that never go anywhere. Here's the skinny:

Me an' the boys played in the High Voltage Classic this past weekend; we played a real stinker of a first game, but then we got our shit together and won 3 straight before being eliminated in the quarterfinals. We played really well, and probably should have won our last game, but we just didn't get the breaks. I think we hit 8 posts and wound up taking a 6-4 loss. Still, it was fun, and we've got nothing to feel bad about. Actually, I feel terrible, but it's mostly bumps and bruises and muscles that are absolutely furious with the way they've been treated for the last 48 hours. I'm sure I'll be fine by June.

Also, Saturday was Pi Day! Some friends of mine had a Pie Party, and I ate WAY TOO MUCH pie and felt kind of sick. Still, I think that Pie Day might be my new favourite day.

Last but not least, my curling team took home not one, but TWO trophies last night at the wind-up for the Sunday Night Rec League at the Nutana Curling Club. First, we somehow won the "D" division, and second, we won the Funspiel, which was really just dumb luck. I'm running out of room over the fireplace for all my curling trophies, all. Recognize my extra-greatness.

Freak out with your leek out,

T.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home