Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stupid English.

I've actually been following the news lately, since I could potentially have an interview for the College of Journalism coming up, and my good looks and charm will only get me so far. I've been keeping an eye on the anti-immigration-law-protest-march-things, since that whole mess could potentially become the most divisive issue in the U.S. since Vietnam. (It also seems like a rather clever way to divert the attention of the American people from that nasty bit of business over in Iraq, but I digress). The only reason I'm telling you all this is because it sets up my mildly amusing anecdote about how I'm kind of dumb sometimes.

I saw a headline on the Drudge Report that confused the dink out of me. It said, "Rainiest March on Record in West". I thought to myself, "who in the world keeps track of how rainy it is during a march? What's the point of that?" Then I realized that the news report wasn't about a bunch of people tromping around, carrying signs, shouting slogans, and getting a record amount of precipitation. It was actually about the MONTH of MARCH.

The moral of the story is: Don't feel bad if you're stupid sometimes. It happens to everyone, even someone as awesome as me.

T.

ps Happy Birthday, Kendra.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have now passed the entrance exam for Journalism school. As a matter of fact, you're probably the *only* person who would have even recognised that 'March' has more than one meaning. Believe you me, the majority of people who graduate from that program don't know the difference between a simile and a metaphor. Or a synonym and homonym for that matter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home