Saturday, March 25, 2006

March 21, 2006
Despite my big mouth and my tendency to act like a jerk, I consider myself to be an openminded, accepting person who is tolerant of other people's beliefs and opinions.
But I just read this article:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-03-21T130541Z_01_L21730904_RTRUKOC_0_US-ISRAEL-BIRDFLU.xml&rpc=22

Fuck this. Fuck anybody who believes this. If there's one thing I CAN'T tolerate, it's intolerance. Hmm. This is quite a conundrum. OK, I've got it: I'm intolerant of intolerance, and I am FURIOUS about my inability to overcome my OWN intolerance regarding people who are intolerant. Everybody catch that?

Good.

And how about this: If Hillary Clinton somehow manages to get elected President of the U.S., we may be witnessing an interesting new trend in American politics. First Bush gets elected. Then Clinton gets in. Then Bush's SON get's in. THEN, Bill Clinton's WIFE gets elected. If Hillary wins, will she be succeeded by another member of the Bush family? To be followed, of course, by one of the Clinton daughters? Could the United States be moving towards a bizzare state of pseudo-monarchy, ruled by two families who take turns getting elected?

Nah.

But, if husband-wife teams can get elected, you could have the same two people running the country for 16 straight years. THAT is an interesting possibility. If this works, we could POTENTIALLY have a situation where two people form a "political marriage" with the intention of becoming president 4 times in a row. OMIGOD I just had the best idea for a sitcom! WOW! OK, check this: two gay guys from California get married, and THEN they get elected President! One of them will be conservative, and one will be FLAMING! One will be a neat freak, the other one will be MESSY! It practically writes itself!

I am going to be SUPER RICH off this idea. Nobody better steal it, or they'll be entering a Walter Sobchak-like WORLD of PAIN.

T.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kabbalism is so very weird. It blows my mind that anyone takes it seriously in this day and age.

Or, for that matter, that anyone can be a fundamentalist religious nut. Especially those Intelligent Design folks.

Or that Milosovitch had crowds of mourners decrying his 'poisoning' in the Hague.

Or that people name flavours by combining fruit names with colours. "blue raspberry" !?!? What the hell is that? I'll show you where to stick your blue raspberry!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You kids stay off my lawn with your fundamentalism and your blue raspberries! Consarn it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home