Tuesday, October 10, 2017

World Mental Health Day

Today is World Mental Health Day, so I'd like you to consider the following:

If you're reading this, you know somebody dealing with mental illness.  If you're thinking "no I don't", you're wrong, they've just hidden it from you.  It's easy to say "call me if you need anything", and it's nice too, I do it all the time, but the reality is, the people who need you the most are the people who aren't going to call you when they need you, because they feel like they can't.  So sometimes "call me if you need me" isn't enough.  Sometimes you need to call them.  If you're suffering, reach out.  If someone you care about is suffering, reach out.  Mental health can be a difficult thing to talk about, but it's like everything else in life, the more you do it, the easier it gets.  Let's work toward making this easier.

Love,

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home