Sunday, August 06, 2017

Lake Times

So I went to a party down the far end of the lake tonight, picked up a couple of friends in the boat along the way, and we had a fire on the beach and drank drinks and sang songs and told tall tales, as is tradition, and at the end of the night I dropped the girls off at their place and was riding home in Buster Boat on just the most pristine summer night, lake like glass and the moon so bright it was casting shadows, and a fellow party-goer pulled up beside me in his tin boat and offered me a rum, and who can say no to a thing like that, and then when I got home I had a slice of fresh saskatoon-berry pie, now don't get me wrong I know my life isn't perfect, but I'll be damned if nights like tonight don't make it feel pretty fuckin' close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home